- Our Identity
- Membership Covenant
We are a chop suey church – a community of faith, with different languages, ages, and cultures. As the Body of Christ we want to show God’s love to our neighbors in practical ways. We feed people, physically and spiritually. We’re not ashamed to pray anytime, anywhere for each other or for the community. We’re in a unique location in Kaunakakai and share our buildings, grounds and ourselves with others. We’re a family of baptized believers with a Southern Baptist heritage and we desire to work cooperatively with our sister congregations throughout the region and around the world.
Why We Exist ~ Our Vision
We exist to bring glory to God by growing together, loving God and loving people by making disciples to follow God’s purposes.
We are energized by: watching the light go on when somebody “gets it,” walking alongside them as they grow; seeing God work; and through answered prayer. We love kids.
Where We Are Going ~ Our Mission
We seek to join God where He is working, challenging one another to be “all in,” building an atmosphere of love together as we obey the Great Commandment and fulfill the Great Commission together.
What We Treasure ~ Our Values
What We Do ~ Our Methods
We know that “if you wanna go high, you gotta go deep,” so we encourage each member to put down roots with us, deepening our faith by knowing and obediently following Jesus Christ, building relationships as we praise God, share, study, and serve together.
Having received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior and having been baptized by immersion, and being in agreement with The Baptist Faith and Message, I now feel led by the Holy Spirit to unite with the Kaunakakai Baptist Church family. In so doing, I commit myself to:
- Be an obedient disciple who follows God’s purposes.
- Grow together with my church family:
- Loving God and loving people,
- Encouraging each other,
- Bearing one another’s burdens and,
- Being accountable to one another.
- To protect the unity of our church by:
- Acting in love toward others
- Refusing to gossip
- Praying for and honoring our leaders
- To share the responsibility for the well-being of my church by:
- Praying for its health and unity
- Warmly welcoming visitors
- Doing the hard work of forgiving & being forgiven
- I will serve the mission of my church by:
- Developing a servant’s heart
- Becoming equipped to serve
- Seeing a need and filling it
- I will support the life of my church by sharing the change Jesus made in me as I live a godly life, powered by the Holy Spirit by gathering weekly to worship together by being a good steward.
What’s this mean?
It means we’re going to do two things.
- We’re going to love each other as Jesus loves us.
- We’re going to make obedient disciples.